Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Hungry Hippo....

So since I did not have a chance to eat breakfast this morning at work, I was starving all morning and mid afternoon. When I got cut it was around 2pm...and I could have eaten a cow. I was debating back and forth "burger....or salad....burger....or salad"...I came to a happy medium and decided to have a salad and a BLT sandwich with some roast turkey, on whole wheat toast of course. The lunch did it's job. I was full and felt good about my choice.

It was a very hot day today and I knew I was not going to get a workout done in that weather outside, so I thought when I got home I'd check my mail and then go on the treadmill. FAIL. I fell asleep from 3:30 until 6:20pm...and when I woke up what was the first thing I thought about....you guessed...food. Why is that the first thing on my mind? Why couldn't "what's on tv" or "let me workout"...be the first thing on my mind. Do you ever find yourself thinking about food as soon as you wakeup?

Well, I had a mean taste for sushi...but my Chris (my boyfriend) doesn't like sushi at all, so that was pretty much out of the question. The joint decision in the end was mexican. I had about 1000 calories left for the today so I wasn't that upset we were going for mexican food. When we got there, I pretty much inhaled chips and salsa, I was extremely hungry and no idea why...I had just eaten at 2:30 and this was about 8 now, so I shouldn't have been that starving. I felt myself getting super full on chips so I tapered off and ordered my steak fajitas with corn tortilla shells.

When they arrived I had two helpings and I felt filled to brim. As we were putting or stuff away in boxes and what not, I had this sudden urge and taste for dessert.....like I needed something sweet before we got in that car and went home. We ended up ordering a big deep fried tortilla, covered in cinnamon and sugar and topped with chocolate sauce and whip cream....it was fantastic....and probably loaded with millions of calories.....but how in the world did I have room for it?? I was just complaining I was full and could not eat another single bite...but yet I was inhaling a dessert? It made no sense to me.

On the way home in my brain I kept giving myself reasons why I was so hungry..."oh well you didn't have a big lunch"; "you had just woken up"; "you are getting you're period in a week"....anything to not blame it on myself.

Everyday is such a battle, and I wake up and tell myself "today is the day you will eat healthy all day and have will power and not let fattening food take over"....and everyday I seem to fall short and cheat somehow. I have no idea how to overcome this. I get so hungry sometimes and I crave so many horrible things, and there are times a salad will not make me happy, and I get sick of chicken, and the last thing I want is another fiber cracker!

What can I possible do to stay on track ALL DAY and not just for one or two meals of the day? This hungry hippo needs help.....

No comments:

Post a Comment