Saturday, May 22, 2010

Why did I eat that?

So I woke up this morning and just felt like I was going to have a good day today:
ME vs. THE FOOD.....and I was going to win.

Since I work in a restaurant as a server, it's always hard to choose the best things to eat. I had a nice early breakfast at work to get my metabolism going: two slices of wheat toast, 1 tablespoon of butter, 1 cup of coffee (only two creamers). For a snack I had some dry crunchy oats cereal and about 64 ounces of water by 11am. I had another snack around noon (a cup of veggies from the minestrone soup...no broth just the veggies). About 1:30pm I was ready for lunch; and I had a salad with chopped turkey and bacon with a pita on the side (made my own wrap), with a 3 oz souffle cup of plain vinegar and one with greek dressing.

I was feeling fantastic when I came home after have a great morning of healthy food and lots of water. I felt so good, I decided to take a 3.45 mile run. When I came home I decided to replenish my body with a small snack of peanut butter and jelly on my fiber crackers.

After that I had an event to go to, and told myself in advance I was going to allow myself
1 drink....mission accomplished!

Well the day and evening were going great for me...and then.... "Denny's" happened.
But I thought "hey they have some awesome healthy things on their menu now", and I prepared myself to eating healthy when I got to the restaurant, I mean I mentally prepared for it.

SO, explain to me, how in the world I let myself order a 1/2 order of sweet and tangy bbq wings??! I don't know what I was thinking...WHY DID I EAT THAT? It's like it was calling to me off the page of menu "you had a great today...eat me....you can work out extra tomorrow....who cares if it's late....you deserve this...".

It was the devil in disguise.

So I had 3 wings out of the 5 that were fantastically drenched in tangy barbeque sauce....then had some granola with 2% milk...2 egg whites...1 chicken sausage patty...and two bites of my wheat pancakes....it's amazing how good I ate AFTER I had the bad things....

Now I am full to the brim, it's midnight, and I am laying in bed writing this blog.
The guilt I feel right now is immense, and I seem to feel guilt after EVERYTHING I eat lately, not just the unhealthy stuff, but every time I feel "full", and I have no idea why.

But again, WHY DID I EAT THAT? What made me make that decision? I had gone in with a plan but yet totally went off of it, fully knowing how bad I would feel afterwards. It makes absolutely no sense to me....and probably never will.

So I guess it's back to the drawing board tomorrow, and maybe an even more extensive workout. Because this guilt I feel now will last into tomorrow and will not leave my brain...and ALL could have been avoided with one simple choice....to NOT order it. But it's a choice I am going to have to live with.






1 comment:

  1. I think u answered your own question in the beginning..."Me vs. Food". Food isn't the enemy, love. It's your THINKING that is. Figure out your core beliefs about food and it's relationship to everything else in your life, and you can change the way it makes you feel.

    ReplyDelete